Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with pager!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCreation

I need someone who can help me with a small project. What I need is this...when I send a page to my pager I want to make a horn go off instead of the pager vibrating or making any other kind of noise. I want to essentially connect a pager to a small 2" horn still using on the AA battery to activate the horn. Is there anyone who can help me do that?

Is the horn suitable for use with a 1.5v pager battery?

If so, would it not be a case of substituting the little motor that does the vibrating in the pager for the horn?

Run two wires from the motor terminals to the horn and activate it by having the pager vibrate mode activated then switching the pager on (or send a test page) to see what happens.

Why a horn?

Declan

Declan,
Thanks for the post, sounds like it could be easy for you to do. Do you think you could schedule some time to do it? and for how much $. The horn just has to have a unique sound to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back