Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with new project plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

basb1

Hello I am wanting to build an animatronic, what I need is a circuit diagram/schematic, it would be motion activated, a sound would play and a water 12v pump would be activated for 10 secs or so then turned off and reset for next time motion sensor is tripped. what would i need for this (parts list). thanks in advance :)

animatronix

i'm not sure i understand what you are talking about... can you please clarify what exactly your cct is going to do. we can then break your project into many different sub-circuits then we'll see what we can do.

Thankyou for your reply, Ok, well it's a headless torso holding it's head under arm over a barrel . i want to pump water (with red dye) from the barrel up into the head and out through the mouth where the water will return to barrel (cycle), I want this effect to run when somebody approaches the torso run only for a few secounds then the whole thing to stop and wait for the next person. So basically what I need is a circuit to sense a person, then turn on the pump and play sound for 10 seconds then stop. hope this helps thankyou for your help

Preshure sensors on the ground meaby?

Or you can use IR sensors that are used to controll those automatic ligts that thurn on for some time wen someone wallks by.

basb1 said:
Thankyou for your reply, Ok, well it's a headless torso holding it's head under arm over a barrel . i want to pump water (with red dye) from the barrel up into the head and out through the mouth where the water will return to barrel (cycle), I want this effect to run when somebody approaches the torso run only for a few secounds then the whole thing to stop and wait for the next person. So basically what I need is a circuit to sense a person, then turn on the pump and play sound for 10 seconds then stop. hope this helps thankyou for your help

The current issue of EPE magazine has a project that does a very similar thing - their particular item is a pumpkin face. They detect movement by the sudden change of light, using an LDR, this triggers a PIC which turns on LED's behind the eyes, and also plays back six seconds of audio from an EEPROM.

This could very easily be changed to do exactly what you want, and if six seconds audio isn't enough you could record it at a lower rate - currently it's recorded at 11,025Hz 8 bit mono.

Hello Nigel thankyou for your reply it's very helpful is there a schematic you could scan and send through? is this magazine in most shops? i could buy a copy I am in liverpool thankyou

basb1 said:
Hello Nigel thankyou for your reply it's very helpful is there a schematic you could scan and send through? is this magazine in most shops? i could buy a copy I am in liverpool thankyou

Yes, it's available in most good news agents - or you can order back issues direct from http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk.

The issue is October 2005, you can also download the PIC software off their website, and order a PCB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back