Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with my DIY birthday present (electronic music box)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athanatosti

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine is really into Pokémon and also (game) music, this has let to the idea to give him an electronic music box in a Pokéball.
I was wondering if anyone could help with a programmable chip (and attached speaker; light activated would be best I think), because I have been looking for ages and couldn't find anything that I could use or could order one piece of (most of the times you had to order around 3000-5000 a time).
I would also need a bit of plastic with holes (a few for the speaker and 1 for the LDR; maybe a bit of plastic laying around could do, but not sure if I have one).
Maybe a crazy idea, but is there one that can store multiple songs and randomly pick one when opened. (this is the actual idea)
It could be a simple sound generator but I would also love it if it could play the rhythm and bass tones at the same time or maybe even an (rather multiple) mp3.
A turning figurine is probably not going to fit (as in the servo next to the music chip and also the figure in the top half of the Pokéball) but if you would happen to know a solution to that (for example a programmable electronic music movement with a build in servo) that'd be awesome.

Sorry for the long post, I hope anyone can help.

Greetings,

Athanatosti

Hi,

Have a look at this project, it reads .WAV files off an SD card attached to a microcontroller via SPI. I built something similar once and it worked great, very cheap in parts and can hold many songs.

http://elm-chan.org/works/sd8p/report.html

It would be trivial to integrate an LDR or a contact switch into the design. Might be able to fit one of those miniature servos they use in model aircraft too!

I like the SD part, but I'd have to find a compatible speaker (which is probably not hard).
Also I'm afraid the battery would be too big to fit into a Pokéball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back