Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with motor flip flop driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmohr

We are building a simulator for a control system on a large construction machine. Trying to emulate the steering feed back by moving a sensor with a motor in place of the steering cylinder. The cylinder is controlled by a proportional valve driven by a Plus 1 controller.
The controller has 2 outputs that drive the coils of the valve, we need to use those 2 out puts to drive a geared motor to turn the sensor.
I need to make a circuit that will let us drive the motor with out back feeding the controller.
Controller runs on 12-24 VDC there is also a 4.5 VDC supply available. In experimenting with the motor-controller we found it easily drives the motor one way with each output signal.
Any ideas?

I need to make a circuit that will let us drive the motor with out back feeding the controller.
But surely the controller needs a feedback signal for correct operation? Without feedback it has no way of knowing what the cylinder state/position is and will presumably give a signal indefinitely from one of its two outputs.

On the macine cotoller gets feed backfrom the sensor attached to the steering system.
I am rotating that sensor with the motor and driving it with the steering cylinder valve inputs.

Ok. You say the controller has 2 outputs that drive the coils of the valve. So to come up with a circuit we need to know (a) what are the characteristics of the signals from those outputs and (b) what are the voltage/current requirements of the motor.

Edit: I can't help feeling that it should be possible to do away with the motor entirely and simply synthesise feedback signals electronically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back