Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with mini guitar amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

leglesslizard

hi everyone,
im trying to make the amp shown on this page https://www.redcircuits.com/Page96.htm

I have constructed the circuit but have nothing, im quite a newbie to electronics but cant quite get my head around the circuit as it is let alone whats happening with mine:( As it is i have power on the output to the speaker but similar to that of the input, about 9v all the components are new and there is no sound from the loudspeaker at all :confused: Any ideas?

Cheers, legless :eek:

What do you mean, "I have power on the output to the speaker"?
Do you mean that both terminals of the 8 ohm speaker measure about 4.5VDC? Then it is normal.

The input jack is a stereo jack but the plug from the guitar must be a mono plug. Then the negative of the battery is connected to the circuit's ground by the jack.

Maybe the output jack is incorrectly wired. Try removing it.

cheers for the reply, when i say i ahve power i have the full 9v on the output on both connections to the speaker which doesnt seem right to me??

Also i have checked the plug and it is mono going into a stereo socket but it doesnt seem to make any difference having it plugged in or not so something must be quite wrong. I just cant see what iv done.

The output socket while it has nothing plugged in should act as a straight through to the loudspeaker which it does so i think thats ok. Im going to keep trying but any ideas will be appreciated cheers

legless

thats a funny way to connect the battery to the circuit via the input jack, I think there is something quite wrong with that diagram, I would suggest bypassing that bit and just connecting the battery to the IC and perhaps use a switch, I think the diagram has badly tried to show that the input jack much have a separate switch on it that closes when a plug is put into is to turn the power on when you plug it into the guitar, just use a "normal" jack and a very normal switch

The DC outputs of the IC should both be at about half the battery voltage.

Guitar effects boxes frequently use a stereo jack and inserting a mono plug into it connects the negative terminal of the battery to ground for power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back