Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with LTSpice One Shot Parallel LC Discharge Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobledoux

I have a 2200uf capacitor charged to 40 volts. I want to simulate the discharge characteristics as it discharges though a 1200 microhenry coil. The capacitor is the principal power source for the discharge. So the cap may be charged up using a current limited voltage source. The charge time would be measured in seconds.

How do I set this up in LTSpice?

Is there a way to include two switches? Switch #1 connects the power supply to the capacitor. Once full charge is achieve it is opened and switch #2 connects the capacitor to the coil.

Hi,

The simplest way is to use two circuits with no switches instead of one circuit with two switches.

In the first circuit, you show the charging scheme, and do a transient analysis.

In the second circuit, you show the discharging scheme, with a set initial capacitor voltage equal to the voltage you got from the first circuit final value or after the required run time.

If all you want to do is simulate the discharge you don't have to bother with switches and charging. Just use the .ic command to set the initial condition that the cap voltage is 40V.
If you must have switches then use the standard voltage-controlled switch in LTSpice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back