Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with infrared distance sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

momo26

need a filter to an infrared distance sensor

Hello,
i'm trying to make an infrared distance sensor for a project so i find a simple CKT on the attachement but it need some improvment
i want to integrate with it a high pass filter to avoid noise for ex to let only 40khz frequency to pass but i'm not familiar with filter so i need your help
and this ckt detecte only for 1 - 7 cm if you can improve it to get higher distance like 10 or 15 cm it will be better

so if you have any sugestion thank you for replaying back

and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Why that 47n cap? It will reduce your output signal if you are using 40kHz modulation of the IR signal. Try removing the cap to get increased range.

hello thnk you for your answer

no in this ckt i didn't use any modulation , i used vcc directly to power the ir led
but i want to implement a simple filter so that i use modulation and cancel the dc ir coming from the sun

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back