Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with inductive device

Status
Not open for further replies.

hizzo3

I am rewinding my own motorcycle stator.right now i am still doing the math on the conversion from the Y to the delta. I've found some very very interesting things. i am doing my conversion using the square root of 3 which comes out to 1.732( Y config you *volts, delta is *amps). i'm also using 3 motor speeds 1k, 2.5k, 5k rpm. with those values i've found output in AC to be 16, 40, 80volts respectivly. that comes out to .016 volts per rpm. with that i can come to a very close estimate of output at any speed. I've also figured the voltage per turn (not sure if this is valid or not) at the 3 given speeds, .088, .22, .44 volts ac per turn. now i converted it to a delta config with same set up. I've also figured that resistance on the upper bound of 1.5 ohms (.5 ohms per phase)

same speeds. 1k, 2.5k, 5k rpm. this will produce voltages 9.24, 23.09, 46.19 volts ac. this comes out to .009 volts per rpm. I also broke it out to volt per turn, .05, .128, .256 volt ac. resistance on the delta is .5 ohms

Here is where it gets interesting. to get the amps you use this formula Volts/Ohms=Amps. At 2500 rpm the Y makes 26.6 amps (this is before r/r, battery, wire losses), and the delta makes a blasting 46.18 amps. Here is the down side though. If my volt per turn is valid, to produce a similar voltage profile to the Y from the delta, we need 52 turns per pole!!!!

Now i do understand that by increasing the mass (wire gauge) you get more amps. so if i were to use 16 gauge instead of 18 gauge i think i could fit the extra 22 turns per pole. But i am not sure how much the amps would drop. I am figuring that its gonna be around 20% b/c i think that is the "high output" rewind option that people offer. I have a feeling the just jump up a gauge if i am right? even still at 2500 rpm that is 37 amps. I am hoping you can check my math and make sure its right and help with any errors.

now this is figured form info i found on the net... btw, my stator is an 18 pole, 3 phase system. the stock system uses 30 turns per pole and uses 18 gauge wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back