Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with ideas for electronic cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimK

Here is the problem, In a hot dusty factory setting I have several devices that are controlled by circuits in small metal boxes. About 8X8X5 inches. The circuit includes a 15 amp fuse which normally works fine but do to the additional heat in the summer months fails often. The circuit includes a TRIAC mounted to the back of the box. I have tried mounting the TRIAC to a large heatsink which helped some, adding a fan to the heatsink helped more but fans fail within a few days because of the dusty environment.

I was thinking of a peltier cooler attached to a heatsink without a fan. Power source is not a problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Unless there is a good reason not too I would use a bigger fuse. It is normal to derate a fuse when it is used in a hot environment. A 20A fuse will blow at around 16A in a 100C enclosure, see the fuse data sheet for the actual derating value.

Mike.

We do have air but we have over 180 of these boxes in each of 2 plants. I think it would take more air than is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back