Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with first project

Status
Not open for further replies.

junior40er

Hi I am making my first project ever using a pic16f84a. The requirements is that the project has to have a PIC and 4 other IC's. I cannot find a project anywhere. Also I've been looking for a ericsson ag680 LCD. Any suggestions? Any type of help would be a great help. :?:

Shouldn't the requirement be to accomplish a certain task rather than hit a quota on number of ICs required? Anyway, the basic projects on PICs include LCD interfacing, serial port communications, DC motor control and ADC functionality. Once you've accomplished this, you can just about carry on to more complicated tasks.

junior40er said:
Hi I am making my first project ever using a pic16f84a. The requirements is that the project has to have a PIC and 4 other IC's. I cannot find a project anywhere. Also I've been looking for a ericsson ag680 LCD. Any suggestions? Any type of help would be a great help. :?:

Have a look at my tutorials, there may be a few ideas there - also, I would suggest you dump the obselete 16F84A and go for it's cheaper, higher spec, replacement, the 16F628 - or other more modern PIC's.

As for text LCD's, pretty well all modern ones are Hitchi compatible, again refer to my tutorials which give some details.

I know the 16F628 is better but so far I have a project that I found that is interesting and it uses a PIC16F84A microchip and gives me the program for that chip. Im not so sure if the program will work with the PIC16F628. AlsoI need to use the Ericsson Ag680 LCD but I cannot find it nowhere at all. Any Suggestions?

The program will run on a 16F628, but will require minor changes...

First you'll need to turn the 16F628's comparators off, these are turned on by default.
Secondly, some of the general purpose RAM memory adresses are not the same between the 16f628 and the 16f84...

check the datasheets to see the diffirences...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back