Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with finding millicandellas and lumens ratings for flexible LED ribbon

Status
Not open for further replies.

essare

I have a 3020 SMD LED type flexible ribbon with exactly 360 chips total (118 in. long or 3 meters)

The manufacturer lists each chip as having a mcd of 1950 average with a 120 degree beam angle. The manufacturer also states that mcd of 1950 was achieved at 30mA and a forward voltage of 3.5.

I found this calculator: **broken link removed**

My question is does the amount of chips on the ribbon (360 in this case) affect the total lumens of the entire strip of ribbon?

This seems like an obvious answer to a dumb question but when I plug in the numbers to the calculator I get some counter-intuitive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back