Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with feedback control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosmonaut4

Hello,

I am using a DC-DC converter to power a load (pls see diagram).

Is it possible to measure or feedback the current in the load into a controller. The controller will then compare the load current to a reference current. If the load current is too high, the controller will disconnect the source from the DC-DC converter, thus turning off the system.

1. Is this possible?

2. what kind of controller can I use to do this?

I don't know much about electronics.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• cct schematic.jpg
    cct schematic.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 168
Hello,

I am using a DC-DC converter to power a load (pls see diagram).

Is it possible to measure or feedback the current in the load into a controller. The controller will then compare the load current to a reference current. If the load current is too high, the controller will disconnect the source from the DC-DC converter, thus turning off the system.

1. Is this possible?

Yes, perfectly possible, very common, and normal.

2. what kind of controller can I use to do this?

Most switch-mode IC's have current and voltage sensing inputs for regulation, and over/under current/voltage protrection.

I don't know much about electronics.

That could be a problem?.

Thanks for your reply.

How do I use the switch-mode IC?

I don't know much electronics but I think that if I am tenacious, I will find a solution sooner or later.

Hopefully sooner.

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back