Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with Electronics Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerfullMan

Hi I am new. I do not know much about electronic - I come here to learn :)
If you can tell me some project to do please tell me ( with speakers, led-s, motors or something like that, or maybe combined :) )

Sorry if i made mistakes in writeing.

Hi Powerfulman

How about and led chaser circuit, you only need two IC's and a few other components. This site shows you everything about it including how to put it on stripboard. http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/projects/heart.htm
I also have attached a diagram of it, its probably best if you use there component values for a better chasing speed. To make it more simple you could use 12v red leds and not bother with the 8 270Ω resistors.
Final comment, take care with cmos ic (the bigger one of the two, 4017) earth yourself and avoid touching the pins as they are static senesitive

Best of luck

e44-72,
Why is your schematic a difficult to see and unusual negative image with a BLACK background??
All other schematics are an easy to see positive image with black lines on a WHITE background.

Your backwards circuit WILL NOT WORK anyway since its EN pin is not connected to 0V like mine.

Sorry about the bad picture and thanks for the correction, you are right I forgot to tie enable to ground as you said. On that note another cmos rule for the op all inputs must go somewhere used or unused, either to +V or ground.

I'll never understand why one want's to dump a multi-IC circuit on someone who's starting out trying to figure out the circuit for a flashlight. That's like dumping a heart transplant on a first-year med student.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back