Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with Eagle Lite !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liva Yahurd

I am fresher with eagle lite the freeware PCB designing software. After i finished designing the layout, i have problem with the size of those pads and drill holes.

How can i change the size and spacing of pads and drill holes.

which pads are you referring to?

Have a read on PAD in the Help index....

In board layout mode, select the drill size from the menu on the right.....select Change, Drill and then the size you want from the drop down list...

Last edited:
which pads are you referring to?

Have a read on PAD in the Help index....

In board layout mode, select the drill size from the menu on the right.....select Change, Drill and then the size you want from the drop down list...

yes i tried it just now.. but nothing is changing. I tried using it even before. It looks like nothing in that change menu is working other than the one called layers - to highlight those required layers.

Is it because its the free version. Can suggest some other PCB designing software. I am not funded for a paid one. :D

You must be doing something wrong....I'm using the Lite version and dont have any problems with my own layouts....

What version are you using?

Version 5.6.0 for Windows

I am almost stuck with a project to submit coming week. I need to get thing ready. Can you suggest some other one.

Version 5.6.0 for Windows

I am almost stuck with a project to submit coming week. I need to get thing ready. Can you suggest some other one.

Nope...I use Eagle Lite, have done for years...Never looked back

You change the size of pads and vias in the RESTRING tab of the DRC (Design Rule Check) menu. It sets the size of the pad as a percentage of the hole size. The DRC icon is just under the autorouter icon.

In DRC you will also find tabs to set what the allowable min spacings and clearances should be.

I do not know of anyone who uses the autorouter for final layout. You can do a much nicer job routing by hand.

There are a number of us that use the free version of Eagle. It is a great tool but takes a bit of learning.

If you have more question feel free to post them here. We are glad to help. And we were all new once.

Thank you for your support.

it worked :)

As i don't use the auto router , it make my circuit more complicated and ended in adding more jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back