Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with controling audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

GooseElectro

I want to make a device that will be able to control the volume, balance and on.off/ mute. Of several inputs and output I also want a main volume control. I also want to have a way of having two different things playing through two different outputs ( sort of sent output , maybe using two main channels. Basically complete control! ALL IN STEREO and all digitaly ie I can encorperate a remote ( I could do all this with manual controls ie a pot for a volume and switch for mute. I need it digitaly controled)

I have started somthing in the past, using a digital volume control chip controlrd by a PIC chip. However they are quite expencive and having a 16 pin ic for every volume control would prove to be very large and maybe over complicated. I was thinking that as I require alot of functions and control this maybe best done on a more digital bassis using adc and dac s ? Or is there some sort of audio processor that I can use ? Please help which is the best way? Are here more ways? All sugestions welcome ! Thank you

digitally controlling is different from digitally processing. you can keep the signals analogue and implement the control digitally.
build a diagram to show your requirement it will easily illustrate your idea than explaining. Based on that you have to develop your design.
if you want it remote you need remote decoder
get different functions from the decoder out and define the control inputs for your design
select ICs for volume control, muting (switching), selection and mixing...
i feel you have a lot to work out with data sheets and find out suitable ICs.

digitally controlling is different from digitally processing. you can keep the signals analogue and implement the control digitally.
build a diagram to show your requirement it will easily illustrate your idea than explaining. Based on that you have to develop your design.
if you want it remote you need remote decoder
get different functions from the decoder out and define the control inputs for your design
select ICs for volume control, muting (switching), selection and mixing...
i feel you have a lot to work out with data sheets and find out suitable ICs.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I think I am going to re post this, as you said I will need to draw up a diagram to explaing what I am trying to do .

You mentioned about the difference between digtal control and digital processing, I was more asking what would be the best way to do it and could you tell me anything more about digital Audio processing ?

Thanks again .

Sounds like you just want a home brew way to control audio. Why not just buy a cheap used "yard sale" mixer and rip out the guts and modify as needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back