Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with Comparator hysteresis

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvh

what do i wrong???

i can't get anny hysteresis in the switching of this comparator

i did try this set up with a comparator from a LM 723 in an other design and that works fine

but what's going on if i use the lm 324 :confused:

the plan is to put a variable resistor in the R hysteresis to have a set switching point with a range

thanks in advance
Robert-Jan

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 468
Yes, you need an input resistor so the input source doesn't short the hysteresis.

Also, the lousy old LM324 opamp is one of the slowest. Its max full output frequency is only 1kHz or 2kHz. At higher frequencies its output level reduces because its output becomes a slowly ramping triangle-wave.

Attachments

• hysteresis.PNG
    hysteresis.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 450
thanks guys it's working
for about the LM 324 i use it only as comparator for swiching by a sensor signal that has a sample rate of 7.5 KHz to 1.5 KHz

and the aplication doesn't have to react that fast

thanks
Robert-Jan

An LM358 is a dual opamp like the quad opamps in an LM324. The LM358 is in an 8-pins package.

i know but i need more than one switch levels from one sensor and i need to invert the analog signal also to drive a VSD so to do that i need at least 2 comparators and 1 opamp (not critical in specs) the 1 left over leave unused

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back