Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman96

Hi am new to the world of electronics. I am trying to designing a Digital Tachometer that displays from 700-4000 rpm +/- 50. I am working from a very basic level so all my work is with simple clocks, counters etc.. At the point i am at i have a clock measuring my rpm every 6 seconds. My question is being that I have a measurement every 6 seconds i need to multiply it by 10 to get rpm. I am confused as to how to multiply my binary number by 10 and then convert that binary number to decimal in vhdl. any help or direction would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Add an extra digit on the right of the display and fix it to read 0 all the time. ;)

Lol yes that would be the easiest solution, as aoo yu need is one 7 segment display :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back