Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with burglar alarm for a model house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey,

im makin a burglar alarm but really dont wanna use a keypad to password activate and deactivate. Would there be any alternative?.......but be realistic, dont just say an eye data reader or something, im trying to keep both the alarm system and programming simple

thx. :wink:

rancid rock said:
hey,

im makin a burglar alarm but really dont wanna use a keypad to password activate and deactivate. Would there be any alternative?.......but be realistic, dont just say an eye data reader or something, im trying to keep both the alarm system and programming simple

thx. :wink:
a hidden switch ;)

yeah that was my first thought of what to have, but where would it go? and is a hidden switch really safe and realistic?, because i have to make out that i am producing this alarm system for a company.

How about punching a few holes into an old credit card and building a simple reader with micro switches or opto-couplers?

Regards, Mike

rancid rock said:
hmmm...Mike tell me more
It's like a KEY.. a punch card reader.

punch some holes (randomly) in a card. the reader has a number of light emitter/detector combo. when the card is inserted into the reader , the light can pass excat thru the punches.
hpe u understand :)

Look at the Owl schematic on my site. It uses an iButton as a key. I have mine on a watch.

Attachments

• watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 652
u can use RF remote control similar to those used in garage but with little more security

You mentioned a keypad in your first post and I think that has thrown us all off...

Please tell us 'exactly' what you're lookin' for (dimensions perhaps)?

yeh, but would that be small and simple

u just need two switches an encoder and a transmitter and this is very simple and u can get ready made moduel and keychains remote with their corresponding reciever,
search google for rf keychain remote and u will hit the right place.

Mike said:
You mentioned a keypad in your first post and I think that has thrown us all off...

Please tell us 'exactly' what you're lookin' for (dimensions perhaps)?
he doesn't need a keypad..
rancid.. as asked, what's ur maximum dimentions ?

it seems that ur concerned abt size rather than complexity or security of device.

i am more concered with with complexity than size, but my base for my model house will be around 450mm * 450mm, the house will be ontop of that leaving room for the sensors in the front of the house.......i am wanting to know what is alot less complicated than a keypad? (i can have my keypad or whateva i decide on doing outside of the model house, so size isnt all important, just preferable to be small).

thx :wink:

srry if it came off wrong but 'exactly' i want something the activate and deactivate an alarm system that is less complicated than a keypad.

thx again :wink:

rancid rock said:
srry if it came off wrong but 'exactly' i want something the activate and deactivate an alarm system that is less complicated than a keypad.

thx again :wink:
AFAIK, other than a hidden switch , a keypad is the least complicated .
i don't know what u will require :roll:

awww...but the keypad programming is so tedious and annoying, hidden switch u say?, where would one of these be hidden???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back