Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with audio amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkpk614350

Initially, I intend to divide the hold circuit into 3 parts which are the pre-amplifier, tone control and output stage. I found that the output stage need 7 volts to work but the power is just 4.5V battery. If using the op-amp to increase 4.5 volts to 9V is nearly impossible becoz the output of the op-amp is restricted by the power supply.. Would you guys give me some advice:(:(:(

The project is only allowed to use 4.5volts battery for the portable audio amplifier.. At the moment, I really have no idea how to do it...

The project is only allowed to use 4.5volts battery for the portable audio amplifier.. At the moment, I really have no idea how to do it...

What are the full requirements?, 4.5V amplifiers are perfectly common, as are 3V ones - look at all the small portable radios. But like I said, power output is tiny.

What are the full requirements?, 4.5V amplifiers are perfectly common, as are 3V ones - look at all the small portable radios. But like I said, power output is tiny.

The full requirement is nothing special. It's just using 3 AA battery (4.5volts) and must be produce an audiable sound comes out form the 8ohm small loudspeaker..

The full requirement is nothing special. It's just using 3 AA battery (4.5volts) and must be produce an audiable sound comes out form the 8ohm small loudspeaker..

With these requirements, wouldn't it be overkill to include a preamp and a tone stage?

For the power amp or output stage, you might want to use an LM386.

LM386 Datasheet pdf - Low Voltage Audio Power Amplifier - National Semiconductor

They are cheap, common, can run on 4.5 volts, and work pretty well.

Three AA battery cells are 4.5V only when they are new. The voltage drops to 3.6V quickly which is too low for an LM386 little power amplifier that has a minimum supply of 4.0V. With a 4.0V supply its output power at clipping into 8 ohms is only 0.061W which is almost nothing.

A TDA2822M is another little power amplifier (it is stereo) with a minimum supply voltage of 2V. Its two amps can be bridged then with a 4V supply its output at clipping into 8 ohms is 0.4W which is much more than the LM386. It also has only 8 pins.

With the TDA2822 bridged amp then tone controls can be used because there is enough power to add bass or treble boost without the amplifier clipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back