Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with an LM3914 circuit with a 9v battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waaayoff

My circuit is exactly like this one:

View attachment 64366

I connected the 9v battery and nothing turns on, even when I tune the potentiometers. I noticed that all LEDs turn on when i remove the potentiometer connected to Pin 5, so that Pin 5 isn't connected to anything.

I have no idea what any of the pins 3 - 8 do.

Edit: I would like the range to be from 7 - 9 volts

Last edited:
Have you checked each connection to the ic? there are plenty of these types of circuits on line...also check the alldata sheet.com for pin connections.

I checked. The circuit works fine however the range is from ~1.5 - ~ 2.5. It remains the same regardless of the values of the potentiometers in the image. The circuit still doesn't work unless pin 5 isn't connected to anything.

I checked. The circuit works fine however the range is from ~1.5 - ~ 2.5. It remains the same regardless of the values of the potentiometers in the image. The circuit still doesn't work unless pin 5 isn't connected to anything.

hi,
You need to connect pin 8
Look at this modified drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back