Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with an FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

absolution

ok heres the deal. for class i have to design a powerfull fm transmitter. must be stable so gotta use a crystal. its gotta be narrow band so +or- 3khz was my teachers specs. I'm tryin to pull off at least a 4 watt. all schematics ive found are 12 vlt and i need one to run off a 9 volt battery. if i can get a schematic even close this rating at 9vlts i should be able to modify it myself. :shock:

absolution said:
ok heres the deal. for class i have to design a powerfull fm transmitter. must be stable so gotta use a crystal. its gotta be narrow band so +or- 3khz was my teachers specs. I'm tryin to pull off at least a 4 watt. all schematics ive found are 12 vlt and i need one to run off a 9 volt battery. if i can get a schematic even close this rating at 9vlts i should be able to modify it myself. :shock:

They usually run off 12V for the simple reason that cars mostly have 12V batteries - as well as that, 9V batteries are usually very small and only low power - a 4W transmitter will take a good amount of current.

If you can modify it yourself, why not start with a 12V circuit and modify it for 9V operation?.

i know it would take a bit so i was gonna use nickel metal hydride or at least i think thats how its spelled. im basically tryin to get as high powered as i can with the stability of a crystal. i've seen 2 watt transmitters but they didnt have the stability of a crystal. i asked for 4 watt to see how high i might make it. a 2 would work just as well. im just trying to get higher than 1 watt.

A little "9V radio" size of Ni-MH rechargeable battery produces 7.2V and has a capacity of 150mA/hrs. It has an internal resistance of 1 ohm and therefore will have a loaded voltage of 6.3V when charged. Its voltage will drop to 5.5V when it will need recharging.
If your 4W transmitter is 75% efficient, it will draw 5W from the battery. If the transmitter is designed to be operated with a 6V supply, the average current from the battery will be 833mA and it will last about 11 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back