Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with a Potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

max headroom

so i have this dual gang Potentiometer 100k rated. Every time i turn it to zero i get a noise from my circuit. Unfortunately i cant find the error in my circuit. So next plan is to modify the Potetiometer that it only goes from say 5k to 100k, how can i realize this ?

I would simply attach a 5K pot to one side so that even when the pot is turned all the way to 0, the 5K fixed resistor is still there. This will work if the noise is not caused by your pot, anyway.

Welcome to ETO, by the way!
Regards,
Matt

EDIT: Actually, it depends on how your pot is connected. You may need to connect the fixed resistor to the wiper, not one end.

so i have this dual gang Potentiometer 100k rated. Every time i turn it to zero i get a noise from my circuit. Unfortunately i cant find the error in my circuit. So next plan is to modify the Potetiometer that it only goes from say 5k to 100k, how can i realize this ?

Post your schematic and we can offer suggestions - however assuming it's for a volume control?, then it's either a duff pot, or you've got DC passing through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back