Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with a motor project of mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthua

Hello everyone.... I am not too familiar with the electronic field though I am great at following instructions and assemble working circuits. Therefore, I'm hoping that one of you will be able to assist me.

I am looking for a component(s) that will operate a 12 V motor under all the options below.

When Switch is in position #1, motor will turn off.

When Switch is in position #2, motor will turn on for 10 minutes when it senses motion and then turns off after ten minutes.

When Switch is in position #3, motor will turn on for 10 minutes and then turns off. Motor will repeat this again every 2 hours.
When Switch is in position #4, motor will turn on for 20 minutes and then turns off. Motor will repeat this again every 2 hours.
When Switch is in position #5, motor will turn on for 30 minutes and then turns off. Motor will repeat this again every 2 hours.

All these will be powered by two AA batteries.

I hope I am not being too general in my description. Please let me know if you need any other pertinent information.

It would be great if you can provide me with the appropriate parts name and number that I need to purchase to make my project possible.

Thanks ahead for your time and input....

You want to run a 12V motor from 3V? Or does the motor have its own power supply?

Torben

Thanks for the quick response Torben. Motor does not have its own power supply. I'm hoping to power it using only AA batteries... either two or four of them depending on how long they will last before they died out.

It's for fan. You know... the one inside a pc tower... I just looked at the specs and it says 12V DC (0.14A). Thanks for getting back to me. Let me know if you need any other info.

For that brush less motor I used IRFZ 24N mosfet to control their speed.

In you case the 2 hour time period is same in all occasions.Need to do the off time after pre determine time.

Adding couple of 555 IC's will help you.One IC to select the on time (Ex:10,20,30 mins) & the other IC to start the 2 hour time period after getting the off signal from the 1st IC.

Sorry its just an idea & never worked on that.

The sense part I cannot understand.Unless it has some tacho output fan (3 pin fan) to calculate the RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back