Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help With A Little Project...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiNx

Hey... First time posting at the forum - looks like lots of people here will be able to help me.

What I want to do is a have 2 circuits that are controlled by some sort of switch. The switch is activiated when it gets electricity. So when the controlling circuit has electrcitity flowing though it, circuit 1 gets completed, and when it doesn't have electricity flowing through it, the circuit 2 gets completed.

I don't have a clue what kind of hardware would do this, and I don't even have a clue where to start looking.

Sorry for doing a pretty sketchy job of explaining what I wanted, but if you have any questions, ask away.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help me out

-LiNx

Oh my god - You are the most amazing person in the entire world.

I've asked at least a dozen people and you are the only person that knew anything like this.

You can't imagine how much I owe you right now!! Thanks!

wow...

You have ben proboly asking pople that have no idea about electronics.

What you are talking about is an electronagnet that is svitching a svitch.

Its an relay ar sead before

LiNx said:
Oh my god - You are the most amazing person in the entire world.

I've asked at least a dozen people and you are the only person that knew anything like this.

You can't imagine how much I owe you right now!! Thanks!

You cannot imagine how much you can help me. Which cuntry do you live in? I do believe you can help my reasearch immensilly?

Mike.

What does it matter what country I'm from? It's Canada, and what the hell kind of reasearch are you doing?

Oh, and I went to three different radioshacks, both my grandpa's, my dad, and one electronics store, all of who didn't know.

Oh, and I went to three different radioshacks, both my grandpa's, my dad, and one electronics store, all of who didn't know.
Your dad and grandpa own radioshacks?

Don't expect ANYBODY from radioshack to know squat about electronics (other than consumer electronics).

:D No - That came out wrong... They don't own radioshacks.

Now I know that radioshack absolutely sucks ass. Although, now that I think about it, I already knew that. The guy didn't know what a ceramic capacitator was...

Yes, very VERY true. Although there is an engineer from the UK that works at a radioshack down here.

They have a crappy selection of parts too. The only reason I ever go to them anymore is to get odds and ends that I forgot to order off the internet.

Before my time, they used to be more geared to the hobbyist.

That is true, they have a extremly low amount of components they don't even carry Mf capictors. They suck and should not even be called radio shack since they are starting to mostly only sell cell phones.

Luckly the place I work at sells every reguler component I need but usually have to work and never get time to pick stuff up.

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
They suck and should not even be called radio shack since they are starting to mostly only sell cell phones.

I have come to really dislike Radio Shark.

I went in the other day and bought a few resistors.
The guy at the counter said "All set with batteries for those".
I was gob smacked into silence.

Given the popularity of "tech" hobbyist, I would kill for a national competitor to RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back