Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with a CB Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal

Hello.

I need help building a CB radio receiver and transmitter. My scouts group are planning an huge activity and we need a "base camp radio" but our budget is very very low so we decided to buy CB radios (Walkie Talkie Binatone 150 Twin with a range of 3km, it works 8 Channels (446.00625 - 446.09375 Mhz), but now we need a "base camp" so that we could receive and transmitte info for our "field agents". But once again our budget is to damn low for big projects. so can anyone help me with this project?

sal said:
Hello.

I need help building a CB radio receiver and transmitter. My scouts group are planning an huge activity and we need a "base camp radio" but our budget is very very low so we decided to buy CB radios (Walkie Talkie Binatone 150 Twin with a range of 3km, it works 8 Channels (446.00625 - 446.09375 Mhz), but now we need a "base camp" so that we could receive and transmitte info for our "field agents". But once again our budget is to damn low for big projects. so can anyone help me with this project?

CBs are down in the 27 MHz range. Are you talking about a different class of transceiver? At 446 MHz, building such a high frequency circuit is a challenge even for experienced circuit builders. It is usually cheaper to buy than to build, because of all the pitfalls. You can find cheap CBs at thrift shops - I once got a nice CB base station for $5.

The radios you have are "PMR446", not CB.
I am guessing that you are in the UK, in which case CB is in the 27Mhz area as Analog pointed out.

The bad news:
If you cant afford another PMR446 radio for your base station, you will not be able to afford to build one.
Also, you do not have the technical ability to build one.
I am not being dismissive here, believe me if you need to ask, you will not be able to build one from scratch.

JimB

JimB said:
The radios you have are "PMR446", not CB.
I am guessing that you are in the UK, in which case CB is in the 27Mhz area as Analog pointed out.

The bad news:
If you cant afford another PMR446 radio for your base station, you will not be able to afford to build one.
Also, you do not have the technical ability to build one.
I am not being dismissive here, believe me if you need to ask, you will not be able to build one from scratch.

Even if they could, it also wouldn't meet the licence free conditions.

thanks for the info. i know that you are not being dismissive, i know my limits. :)

but i will try to find out something in thrift shops.

thanks for the help.
its always good to have our post answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back