need help with 7seg display design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sccs

basically i need help in designing a circuit to take a binary input and convert it to hex and display on 7seg displays...

ne ideas.. thanks.

Why do you need to convert it to hex first?

For a standard seven segment display, there are chips that will convert a binary input to seven segment display, or you can use my 4 bit converter that i designed with just logic gates... the pdf is available here: **broken link removed**

It's a bit unclear what he wants. My initial guess was that he wants to display 0 - F on a single 7-segment display. The DM9368 would do that when it was still made, but apparently it's been discontinued. I searched, but wasn't able to find a replacement part. If you can find one somewhere, get it. Otherwise, perhaps you could get someone to program a PAL or GAL with your required logic? Or maybe program a small PIC to do it? Building it from gates, like in pianoman's diagram, seems like a lot of work and gates for the function it's going to perform.

Attachments

• 7seg-hex.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 812
  • dm9368.pdf
    72 KB · Views: 490
...for the truly insane (me) I have just derived the truth table for an 8 bit binary to decimal converter, and will make a schematic next week for it... the truth table, in excel is 6 pages long....

Attachments

• bin-dec.pdf
    60.9 KB · Views: 403
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…