Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with 3 specific resistor values... (1.37K, 3.94K, & 150 Ohms)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TECH GEEK

Ok so I need three very specific resistor values, (less than 5% tol) the reason the resistor values have suuch a small tollerance is because i'm useing them to control the brighness of the 3 LEDs in a RGB LED, if the values vary even slightly the white light will have a notacible discoloration.

So what i need help with is setting up the following resistors in some configureation...
Note: I have 100 resistors of each and I only need to have 4 configurations of each value & I prefere somthing simple to 50% complex
also I cannot use pots nor can I buy new resistors unless someone has somespares that they can mail me & yes it's probable I can pay postage

I also have 10 of each of the following
thanks for the help!

5% is not a small tolerance, by a long shot.
Exactly why can't you use pots?

1kΩ + 180Ω + 180Ω = 1.36kΩ (10Ω short)
1kΩ + 1kΩ + 1kΩ + 470Ω + 470Ω = 3.94k
150Ω = 150Ω

Here is a resistor combination & ratio spread sheet that I produced some time ago.

You can make up a wide range of values using only 2 resistors, either in series or in parallel.

For 1.37 k, the nearest is 1.5 k // 15 k = 1.364 k

For 3.94 k, the nearest is 0.047 k + 3.9 k = 3.947 k

// = in parallel

Attachments

• Resistor combinations & ratios.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back