Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED HELP WIRING RELAYS AND LIMIT SWITCHES (LOOK AT PICTURE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

123cooper

DSC01525 (2).JPG
DSC01525 (2).JPG
DSC01525 (2).JPG
I have a 1998 Trans Am that has power windows. The problem is the doors are fiber glass and the motors create a lot of force on the doors creating problems. What I want to do is put a limit switch at the top and bottom of the window travel. I'm using the factory switch that sends +12 volts in the up or down direction. I have a (two wire dc motor), limit switches and dpdt relays. I need to know how to wire it all together. Thank you for your help
This is a picture of what I have going on, is it possible to make this work or is there an easier way. Please draw in any missing items if needed, I am open to anything. PS I need pictures or drawings I am not a circuit master lol.

This scheme should work. The relay connection has to be a NO (Normally open) contact, and I don't know how those particular relays are arranged. I am assuming that the lower two connections on the relay are the coil.

The switches have to open when the window should stop, one at the top and one at the bottom.

As I have no idea which way round the power is to raise, nor which switch is which, the diode direction is a total guess, but one will have to be each way round as shown.

The idea is that in one direction, one diode allow current to the relay coil if the switch is closed. The relay works with the coil powered either way round.

(The wire to the middle connection on the lower switch crosses over the lower wire and joins the upper wire. The wire to the right connection on the upper switch crosses over two wires and only goes to the upper diode)

Attachments

• window_wiring.jpg
    window_wiring.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back