Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help wiring Apple brand CPU Blowers to a 12volt battery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farnell121

Hello all! I am new to the forums but not new to do-it-yourself projects like the one I am working on. I am running into a bit of a problem and I am hoping someone out there has the solution! First off, I work in an Apple repair center so I have tons of parts that have never been in use and I am trying to use some of the CPU/HDD Blowers for a little project I am working on. Now in the past I have successfully hooked up all kinds of fans to batteries, but this one seems to be giving me some trouble...

As you can see in the picture, I have constructed a homemade 12volt battery, and tested it using a voltage meter and know the battery pack is functional. I have also tested it with a 3-pin CPU fan and it also worked. Now I don't know if its because these are Apple brand fans or if all of these brand new fans just don't work, but for the life of me I cannot seem to get them to spin up. As you can see in the pictures the fans use Two Black, A Brown, And a Grey wire for operation.

Is there anny suggestions of what to try or does anyone now what might be the problem? And help at all would be helpful, I'm pulling my hair out over this, lol. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back