Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help Verifying This Modified Circuit Will Work Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

Alright so what I am doing is getting reed of any components that I do not need to make the smaller in size. I already hooked up the board, installed my program and it works as I need, but I also have many other things on the board that I am not using so I want to get reed of them.

These are the components/pins I do not need:
-Mini USB Port (located on far left side by edge)
-Battery Port (located on far left side by edge)
-Reset Button (located on far right side by edge)
-Reset LED (located on far right side by edge)
-pins A0-A7 on ATMEGA... chip
-pins D6-D13 on ATMEGA... chip

So I deleted those components on the schematic, however, I am not sure if I deleted something that was needed for the Arduino to still function (be able to be programmed, and just need to confirm.

I have attached the modified schematic (has less parts), then the original schematic respectively.

Note* I replaced the original On-Off switch (labeled S2 in original schematic) with another switch which I had to create the part for in Eagle but did not give it a label...will do that later.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 1.28.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 1.28.37 AM.png
    249.6 KB · Views: 186
  • Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 1.22.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-01-14 at 1.22.46 AM.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 195
  • png.gif
    png.gif
    153 bytes · Views: 141
Last edited:
Status