Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help using multiple momentary switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwby416

Howdy.

I am working on a project for my fish tank stand. I have a set of LED lights that I want to turn on when any one of the four cabinet doors open. I have 4 momentary NC switches that are mounted so that the close the circuit when any of the doors are opened.

Being foolish I wired all the switches together making a huge loop. after installing them I realize my huge mistake. at the current wiring configuration, all 4 doors have to be opened for the light to come on. But I wan the light to come on if any one single switch is closed. How can I accomplish this?

Thank you in advance for you time :)

~Randy~

Sounds like you put the switches in series. Put them in parallel instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back