Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help, urgent! ...........{edit}.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey, does any1 know of a project-, the only criteria is it has to be a closed loop circuit, so it must do something and be operatinal and functional. (but not too hard or expensive) i can always complicate a simple idea.......it's just i need the idea first. i know u guys are good at this and have a wide knowledge of lots of diferent circuits, so just name all the projects u can that fit this criteria, thanx

idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

design a ckt for a ball floating in air.

ie there is a small ball with low weight in a vertical transparent tube .
upper end of the tube is open , and lower end connected to an air pump.

the aim of the project is that the ball should float in the air by adjusting the air flow from below . it shld not go down/up .

go it??

an easier idea. rip apart a cheap, working flashlight, and discover how it works. :idea:

Re: need help, urgent!

rancid rock said:
hey, does any1 know of a project-, the only criteria is it has to be a closed loop circuit, so it must do something and be operatinal and functional. (but not too hard or expensive) i can always complicate a simple idea.......it's just i need the idea first. i know u guys are good at this and have a wide knowledge of lots of diferent circuits, so just name all the projects u can that fit this criteria, thanx

Closed loop? Make a x1 opamp buffer. That is a useful function, it's closed loop and can be done for less than $1.00 USD.

How about a light that changes in output to make up for the lack of ambient light - brighter as it gets darker - less so as it gets lighter. This could be a simple 3 volt or 6 volt bulb to demonstrate the function.

stevez said:
How about a light that changes in output to make up for the lack of ambient light - brighter as it gets darker - less so as it gets lighter. This could be a simple 3 volt or 6 volt bulb to demonstrate the function.
I think he means "darker as it gets darker". The light does not have to be as bright in dim light as it does in bright light.

ljcox said:
stevez said:
I think he means "darker as it gets darker". The light does not have to be as bright in dim light as it does in bright light.
I think he means a circuit to keep the light on the sensor at a constant level, in which case the lamp would get "brighter as it gets darker".

akg said:
what about an inverted pendulem .?
some post below there was a link to microchips website for inverted pendulem..
a good closed loop ckt..
Cool, but Rancid Rock said "but not too hard or expensive". I don't think this project fits this criteria.
It will be easier to find if he spells "pendulum" correctly.

thanx guys, but 1 dollar for a project, isnt that a bit easy and cheap, i hav to take the whole year to make this, when i said not to expensive i meant not hundreds of dollars.

mstechca
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:24 pm Post subject:
an easier idea. rip apart a cheap, working flashlight, and discover how it works. Idea

i need to build something not destroy something

an easier idea. rip apart a cheap, working flashlight, and discover how it works.

Sometimes, destroying items teaches you how to build items. Ever thought about it?

and more often than not, some destroyed items contain valuable parts which canbe desoldered and reused for free. A heck of a lot cheaper than buying from an electronics store.

The only other suggestion is to buy a flashlight bulb, buy a battery, and connect the metal bulb point to one battery terminal, and connect the side to the other battery terminal with a wire, and it will light.

You will discover the easiest part of conductivity.

mstechca said:
an easier idea. rip apart a cheap, working flashlight, and discover how it works.

Sometimes, destroying items teaches you how to build items. Ever thought about it?

and more often than not, some destroyed items contain valuable parts which canbe desoldered and reused for free. A heck of a lot cheaper than buying from an electronics store.

The only other suggestion is to buy a flashlight bulb, buy a battery, and connect the metal bulb point to one battery terminal, and connect the side to the other battery terminal with a wire, and it will light.
You will discover the easiest part of conductivity.
Mstecha, I think he's looking for a project that has a feedback loop in it. "Closed loop" is a common term for a feedback loop.

How about a model home with closed loop HVAC?

It might take some work but would be a good excercise in monitoring.

Instead of an air conditioning system ice water could be used - pass a tube through in another "closed loop" - kinda like water cooled processors.

Heating could be done any way you wish, and the results would be quite interesting.

Good luck on your project!

-Infamous

Thanx. u guys r being heaps helpful, it really needs to be something i build that is electronic and mechanical (intergrated).

also i need to build it.

My teacher is useless he dosent answer any questions and speaks in riddles, so u guys r my only way really to find things out.

Thanx.

rancid rock said:
Thanx. u guys r being heaps helpful, it really needs to be something i build that is electronic and mechanical (intergrated).

also i need to build it.

My teacher is useless he dosent answer any questions and speaks in riddles, so u guys r my only way really to find things out.

Thanx.

if u were reading the forum..u may have come across a thread , in which one guy needs to charge a mobile from the mechanical motion of walking etc..

y don't u think abt that? , it has both the part u specified and u need to build it.

akg said:
rancid rock said:

also i need to build it.

Thanx.

if u were reading the forum..u may have come across a thread , in which one guy needs to charge a mobile from the mechanical motion of walking etc..

y don't u think abt that? , it has both the part u specified and u need to build it.
I don't think that would satisfy the requirement that it be a feedback loop.
I can't think of anything really simple.
Do Google searches on "line-following robot" and "levitating ball".

hehehe, i can see that Ron H likes fixing what every1 says as a post. thanx ron, putting every1 back on track :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back