Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help understanding this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustu521

Hi Guys

I need some help understanding this circuit. By the looks of it, its a simple relay driver with a timer. But for some reason the actual relay does not work when power is applied to the appropriate pins.

This is from a wiring diagram of a Mazda Protege car. The timer is used (i believe) to time the amount of power given to the door lock motors and to reverse their polarity depending on the lock/unlock action.

Attachments

• relay_timer.jpg
    relay_timer.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 175
Could you buy another cheaply?

I'd say you couldn't actually source parts for that even if you could find out what was wrong. Car parts tend not to be off the shelf, so I'd say repairing it would be difficult without buying the whole unit. It is probably the relay but I can't see where you'd get one, except from Mazda, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

colin55
when i supply power as per the wiring diagram, nothing happens. these relay's are hard to find. unless you search the junk yard. i doubt Mazda would have it as this is from a 1991 protege. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back