Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help understanding some parts of this circuit diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

novaris04

I finally found an existing electrical diagram that suits my needs. **broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Please tell me whether I am reading the diagram correctly as I haven't seen such a diagram in over 10 years and some of the icons used are abit uncommon.

Kindly refer to Pot 3. There is a 1k variable resistor with some arrow on it. What does it mean?

Above it there is a line with a caption (290mV). Does it mean I measure the voltage between the 2 dots it connects to and adjust to 290mV? Is there a connection between Pot 3 and pin 6 of U2?

Refer to U3 and U2. Does it mean I join pin 4 and 8 of U3 and pin 6 of U2?

Please tell me whether I am reading the diagram correctly as I haven't seen such a diagram in over 10 years and some of the icons used are abit uncommon.

Kindly refer to Pot 3. There is a 1k variable resistor with some arrow on it. What does it mean?
The 1K is a variable resistor, a potentiometer value 1Kohm. The wiper of the pot is connected to 0V, on pots 3 & 4 and Pot1 is connected to the top of R1

Above it there is a line with a caption (290mV). Does it mean I measure the voltage between the 2 dots it connects to and adjust to 290mV?
You measure and adjust the pots to give the values of 190mV, 290mV and 390mV measure from the pin 6 to 0Volts.

Is there a connection between Pot 3 and pin 6 of U2?
Yes...

Refer to U3 and U2. Does it mean I join pin 4 and 8 of U3 and pin 6 of U2?
Yes....

Ho,
Hope that covers your questions.
Note the SET voltages increase by 100mV per step for each 10 LED's , thats a10mV step per individual LED.

As the temperature sensor outputs 10mV change for each 1Cdeg change, thats 1Cdeg per individual LED

DOTS at a line intersection on a drawing indicates that the lines are joined/connected together
E.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back