Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to plot frequency response of transconductance of BJT with LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.
ronsimpson the problem is when I want to have the frequency response of Gm, it's flat! :(

Attachments

• freq.jpg
    freq.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 166
With the 2N2222 transistors the circuit is set up to bias right.
With you "X" transistors; With no input voltage (B1=B2=2volts) the collectors are near 2V or near 11V. Not good. I moved the Collector resistors to Emitter resistors so the output voltage is near 6 volts. (the amplifier needs to have room to move up and down, Vout needs to be near the center of the supply voltage) I had to play with the value of the Emitter resistors to get that to happen.

I don't really understand the amplifier. It is not a real world amplifier. It is a text book amp. It needs feedback to make it stable.
"don't worry about the base current"
apparently we also don't need to think about biasing the amplifier, etc. Temperature stability?

I probably an leading you down a bad path. I want the thing to work so I can study it. It can't work with the collector and emitter current being the same.
I think this is an exercise in math so your teacher wants a bandwidth number from a formula. So you know the collector current and you can find out the capacitance of the transistor and that will get you a bandwidth. I should stop helping/hindering you. In my world I would use this as a piece of a amplifier not as a amp. I have to really make it work (over a wide temperature range, with supply voltage changes, tolerances of parts, etc) The teacher would not want to see me in class.

I think last week you were give a formula for bandwidth, use it and be done.
Sorry I took you away from where the teacher wants you to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back