Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help to identify these smd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

star23

This circuit is from a stinger auto voltmeter, I believe the burnt out smds (the two black components are blown) and the bigger one is actually cracked. Could someone tell wat these components are so I can get them at the parts store and see if replacing them may bring back my voltmeter to life. The bigger smd which is the cracked one has B055 imprinted on it and has four pins , hope this can help in someway. thanks

Attachments

• SDC10946.JPG
    SDC10946.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 333
  • SDC10949.JPG
    SDC10949.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
It looks like a bridge and a buffer resistor.
There is a short on the board (could be the regulator) and this caused the damage.
Replace the regulator with another 5v regulator. The bridge can be WO4 and the resistor will be 22R to 47R.
You need to supply 12v via current limiting to test the circuit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back