Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help to determine max.current of solderless breadboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenixtee2003

hi everyone, i am an electronics student, currently i am working on some dc-dc converter project.
i had done my simulation and wish to built my prototype soon, however i got few question to ask
i) if my previous low current projects, i been using solderless breadboard,but this time, the converter i wish to design mayb operate up to 70W, those common solderless breadboard will be able to withstand such large current?

ii)if those common one will not work, then any suggestion on how to built the prototype? i don't wan to built it on PCB first because there are several modification i need to do later.

wish all the engineers here can give me some advice.thanks :D:D

I suggest that the usual solderless breadboard is not good for more than one or two hundred milliamps.

For your prototype I suggest that you just solder the components onto a sheet of circuitboard and use "islands" of board glued or soldered to the sheet as tie points for components.

Have a look here:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/bboard.pdf
the techniques are described quite well.

I have used these techniques for several years and find it very useful for knocking up prototypes, some of which become semi-permanent.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back