Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help to design an oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

vencatesh

can some one help me design an oscillator of frequency 105.2mhz as i cud not find a crystal of that frequency..

You need to give more details - but to answer your question 'as it is', you use a lower frequency crystal and multiplier stages - or you could use a PLL and divider stages from a VCO.

i need to mix an i/p frequency of 105.4mhz with the 105.2mhz signal(help needed here in design)to get an o/p of 200khz to be feed as an i/p to ic 565

Nigel Goodwin said:
You need to give more details - but to answer your question 'as it is', you use a lower frequency crystal and multiplier stages - or you could use a PLL and divider stages from a VCO.

Nigel cud u give me the detail of the pll and divider stages..

Assuming you're still wanting to built an FM radio?, this ISN'T the way to do it! - as I explained before, 200KHz is FAR too low. I suggest again you read up on how radios work, pay special attention to bandwidth, selectivity, and
image rejection.

There is LOT'S of PLL information on the net though, have a look here for one example
**broken link removed**

Here is a typical PLL chip. Read the data sheet and all application notes to understand how to use it:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back