need help to design an oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

vencatesh

can some one help me design an oscillator of frequency 105.2mhz as i cud not find a crystal of that frequency..

You need to give more details - but to answer your question 'as it is', you use a lower frequency crystal and multiplier stages - or you could use a PLL and divider stages from a VCO.

i need to mix an i/p frequency of 105.4mhz with the 105.2mhz signal(help needed here in design)to get an o/p of 200khz to be feed as an i/p to ic 565

Nigel Goodwin said:
You need to give more details - but to answer your question 'as it is', you use a lower frequency crystal and multiplier stages - or you could use a PLL and divider stages from a VCO.

Nigel cud u give me the detail of the pll and divider stages..

Assuming you're still wanting to built an FM radio?, this ISN'T the way to do it! - as I explained before, 200KHz is FAR too low. I suggest again you read up on how radios work, pay special attention to bandwidth, selectivity, and
image rejection.

There is LOT'S of PLL information on the net though, have a look here for one example
**broken link removed**

Here is a typical PLL chip. Read the data sheet and all application notes to understand how to use it:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…