Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help To Build 7 Segment LED Display Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

iccool

I had only little bit of knowledge of electronics. I had done some very small projects from circuits in books. I need a circuit that will display 5 digit display which uses 4" Seven Segment display (Please see the datasheet attached - KLS402i & KLS402sr) that receives input from a 0-9 digit number pad (Individual Number Pad, not from PC).

I searched and found some ICs that can be used, please advice me which one can be used, if anyone can give a circuit that would he very helpful.
CD4511
CD4543
PIC 16F877

I know PIC ICs had to be programmed, I like programming but don't know which IC to purchase and how to connect it to PC to program the IC.

Read about PICAXE ICs, but not sure it is available in India or not. I would like to make it both ways, with a PIC IC and with a Pre-programmed IC.

Also give me a idea how I can make the number pad input (not from PC) to IC. I read that CD4511 is a BCD CMOS IC, but how to give input to that IC?

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• 5_Digit_7_Segment_LED.jpg
    5_Digit_7_Segment_LED.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 414
  • 4.0 SINGLE DIGIT.PDF
    160.7 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
I think you need to do a little more work before you ask for help. Simply asking people to do your work isn't going to help you understand.

I certainly recommend going with the PIC. If I were you, I would start here:

Then when you have individual issues with the PIC or the LED, then ask...

Thanks..

Thanks superflux,

I will go through the tutorial and come back. I am looking where to start. It is very difficult to know which one to study, because there is a lot of information. Now I got a tutorial and I will work around and post after that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back