Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help: Speedometer Signal Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The risk of over-driving the ECU could be reduced by supplying the pulses from the divider (IC pin 9) to the ECU via a 10K resistor. I'd suggest trying that first.

Just got the parts for the circuit. I can't find 1N6377G and 1N7377G. What are these parts? Are there other parts that can replace them?

What are these parts?
They're Transient Voltage Suppressors (my bad; they should both have had the same type number....1N6377). If you can't get hold of those, try googling for "Transient Voltage Suppressor" and pick an alternative with a breakdown voltage rating of ~ 15V.

I've already searched all the electronic parts store here, but I can't find the 1N6377, and any other replacement. Can you change it to a different part that will still make the circuit function? Thanks.

You could use 15V zener diodes instead (with anodes connected to ground). They won't offer as much protection against voltage spikes, however.

Last edited:
Just tested the circuit today. It worked. Thank you very much for your help and patience.
Without your help, I won't be able to finish my project.
I'm forever greatful.

Glad it works. Nice to know theory and practice agree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back