Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help regarding motion detector using PIR sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

@bc

hi i m doing my final year project and in that i m using pir sensor D203B. the problem i m facing is that when i attached the led at output it keeps on even if i remove the sensor. i have checked my sensor by taking its output on the oscilloscope that comes out right but when i patch the circuit on breadboard it does not work well.

other problem is that without motion the output sensor voltage is 0.4mV and on motion it changes to 0.6mV only kindly tell me that is these readings can come or not and if yes then how can i amplify such small voltage to drive my buzzer at output.

do reply me as soon as possible...

hi i am doing the same project. and i am having problems using PIR D203B. i am not getting any signal on OSCILLOSCOPE. can you tell what are the pin connections you are using. are you measuring 0.4-0.6mv AC OR
DC?? plz plz i need your help . when i get passed this stage i might be able to help with your problem

try changing the PIR SENSOR...

Show us the schematic for your circuit.

Have you looked at the data sheet for that sensor? I assume not. It shows the sensor driving a 47kΩ load into an amplifier. It will not drive an LED directly. You need to add an amp to the D203B output to drive an LED or buzzer.

I have tried changing the sensor but same result. It might be working fine as i have not tried using the amplifier because i was expecting that even without using amplifier , the output signal would be atleast large enough to tell that the sensor is working fine. But may be the signal is too small. When i set the DMM scale to 2000mv DC , i am getting about 800mv DC and passing the hand over it decreases it 2-8mv and then comes back to 800mvDC but when i set the DMM to AC scale I am getting 1.3 v continuosly without any change . Is this behaviour okay ?? i am not using amplifier yet.

And can anyone tell me from what kind of a shop i can get flesner lens ??I have tried the electronic shops, scientific stores , optical stores but can't find anywhere . the sensor would work without it but its range will be less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back