Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

56eebo

Hello every one ...
I need help in my graduation project please ...
I need a sensor to measure the weight of a car , weight sensors cannot measure heavy weights.
I think to use LVDT's and put them near the suspension system. Does that works ??????????????????
If you have better ideas please tell me soon.
Thanks ........ :) :) :)

I think you're missing the point of a graduation project?, the idea is to prove you're capable - if you need to ask for help, then you're obviously NOT capable, and don't deserve to pass.

Cannot anyone ask a question in his graduation project ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't ask you to do the project 4 me. I just need an advice for this point ..........

No problem .......
but if i put this question and did not said that it a graduation project u will answer me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
sorry 4 telling the truth ...........

You would get more help if you asked better questions and gave more information.

Of course weight sensors can measure the weight of a car, you just need to get one with a suitable range.

How will an LVDT help? An LVDT (usually) measured linear displacement, not weight.
How will putting the LVDT near the suspension help?

Are you trying measure the weight of the car, or the load which the car is carrying?

Before you can solve a problem, you must define the problem, clearly.

JimB

The short answer to your specific question is that you can use load cells as your sensors to measure the weight of a car. You can use a weight indicator (sometimes called a scale head) to drive the load cells, convert the resulting signal, and display the result. Some indicators have a serial output to transmit the weight measurement to a computer or printer. You will probably also need a summing box to tie the load cells together unless the indicator is capable of handling multiple load cells.

Now, what you did not mention:
Is the car moving or stationary?
Can the car drive onto/across a platform with load cells or does the system need to be integrated into the suspension of the car?
What does the rest of the system have to do? You can weigh a car on a platform scale if you need to know its weight. Just what exactly are you trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back