Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help - PICKit 2 Lite VPP error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennylee

I just used blueroomelect's circuit to make a PICKit 2 Lite, but got a VPP Error, and the Troubleshooting Tool showed the VPP only is about 7v. can anyone help me on this problem, how can I solve this problem? Thanks!

Attachments

• Sch.png
    Sch.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,729
  • PCB.png
    PCB.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,752
  • VDD.PNG
    VDD.PNG
    32.5 KB · Views: 736
  • VPP.PNG
    VPP.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 726
  • VPP Error.PNG
    VPP Error.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 645
Hi,

Have built Pickit2s but not actually used that pcb.

Your VDD message is correct - the PK2 lite supplies your target chip with the +5v direct - it does not come from the actual 2550 chip, ensure the ' VDD PICKIT2' box at the rh side of the screen is Unchecked for both +5v and Mclr.

Your VPP should be around 11-12v , must suspect you have some error around the 680uh choke area - did you use the correct value for this part ? it is important although I have used 470uh without problems.
Check for any bad joints, pcb shorts or wrong parts / orientation etc

The Pk2 checks for the correct Vpp when it starts up and will not run until its correct.

Your last screen shows a far east font intead of the OK ?? - are you using the latest software for the Chip and PK2 program from the Microchip site ? - it may be an actual bug in their software - ?

That's not my schematic or PCB layout (I don't use Eagle)
Check your schematic against the Junebug's manual schematic, make sure the VPP transistors are wired the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back