Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help on Small engine obsolete Electronic ignition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats right its not needed. Assuming the engine uses a 12V battery. I also assume its electric start as the fly wheel is fitted with a ring gear, for a starter motor.

Thats right its not needed. Assuming the engine uses a 12V battery. I also assume its electric start as the fly wheel is fitted with a ring gear, for a starter motor.
Yes to all the above, thank u. Not needing the charge coil will help greatly, won’t have to rewind a few of the stators I have that the coil is either open on or does not have a high enough of an ohm reading on, possibly shorted within itself. The the other winding parts of the stator r still good to charge the battery. Two other questions, if u look at the flywheel it’s got two pins, one short and one long, will it need both with this setup and don’t really understand why it needed two pins in the original setup, have any idea? Again thanks debe.

Last edited:
Its to do with timing, one pin is retarded for hand starting then the other gives advanced spark. Try it first & see what happens. You may have to try diferent clearances with the coil.

Ok, I’m having trouble finding the Bosch ADY17, I’m wondering if an auto parts supply house could cross reference it, I would think so. I’ve found a suitable ignition coil and trigger coil.

These may be more common in America they are a GM vehicle product. Very similar to the Bosch unit. They all need a heat sink & its the ground terminal.
IGN  HEI 4PIN GM. MODULE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back