Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbexpress

Hello all,
What i'm trying to do, I need one sensor to mount on "the walker" (not on people) so the disability people use it, it will activate the LEDs.I think I will use one IR transmitter and receiver.
The only thing I dont know is that, when the user go (walk), some thing change like displacement, velocity,....which kind of sensor can measure that change, and he stops walking, the sensor stop also.

sensor--------->IR transmitter--------->IR receiver------->LEDs displays
Any links or comments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Will all help here if we can , but...
Have you considered less caffine ?

Tell us all what you hope to do in more detail
and the replies will will come

bbexpress said:
b]which kind of sensor can measure that change, and he stops walking, the sensor stop also[/b].

sensor--------->IR transmitter--------->IR receiver------->LEDs displays
Any links or comments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Doo a google search on accelerometers. It will do what you want. They are not very expensive and you can download tech info from some suppliers.
Klaus

The only thing I dont know is that, when the user go (walk), some thing change like displacement, velocity,....which kind of sensor can measure that change, and he stops walking, the sensor stop also.

I searched for accelerometer, but it doesnt help much
I found one website, that one called position transducers, I dont know it works or not since I dont have any exp(just a student)
www.spaceagecontrol.com/ptmain.htm
thanks

How about a tilt type switch from a pinball machine ..As long as walker is in motion switch would be making/breaking, simple to smooth out. When walker was at rest(stopped) the switch would be in a level position.. An accelerometer would have to measure extremely low to be used on a walker..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back