Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on new Inchworm+

Status
Not open for further replies.

kf8rd

Howdy All,
On my new Inchworm+ when I attempt to download the OS I get the following. Also the sticker on the PIC is a 16F877 can I program a 16F877A for a backup PIC after I get this working???????

Thanks for the help!!!!

Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
...Connected
ICDWarn0030: MPLAB ICD2 is about to download a new operating system. If MPLAB IDE is just starting, it will appear to "hang" at the splash screen. Please be patient. MPLAB IDE will finish it's intialization after the OS is downloaded. (Note: You may wish to select to ignore this warning in the future.)
Downloading Operating System
ICD0152: Failed to read all of requested bytes (0x0 of 0x8)
...Download Operating System Failed
ICD0152: Failed to read all of requested bytes (0x0 of 0x2)
ICD0082: Failed MPLAB ICD 2 operation
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Fifo

Did you disable the COMx FIFO buffers as stated in the build instructions from Bill? You also have to reboot your PC after doing this.

:confused:

Thanks for the help and info, It is working now. I did not do a reboot after turning off the FIFO........

Great

Alright.. Now you can have some fun. :D

I built the programmer part of the Junebug on strip board. It is pictured on another thread somewhere here. Having more than one programmer can be of benefit sometimes. If you don't have more than one, the backup 16F877 is a good idea. Occasionally I have had to go back to my Olimex JDM programmer, which also makes a good programming jig since it has an ICSP plug on it and can be used like that without plugging the serial interface in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back