Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on my led light system project

Status
Not open for further replies.

electro_girl

need help on my led light system project(self charging)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
it's working but how can i get more mA for two LED'S?

Last edited:
Are you proposing to connect the 2 LEDs in series or in parallel?

Free energy does not exist, it is not yet proven that it does exist. Your batteries are going to run out of charge, perhaps i have not grasped the idea of what your trying to do

Last edited:
@ electro_girl
For parallel LEDs the current through the transformer windings will have to be increased, implying lower winding inductance and/or reducing the value of the resistor.
@ microman
Free energy does not exist
Solar energy comes free; even if harnessing it doesn't:).

Last edited:
On that circuit you should be able to run two white leds in series, without any modifications.

I have used exactly the same Joule Thief circuit and it works well with one or two leds.

No Use in Charging Battery A2 by A1/ A1 by A2. Some power will be lost finally.

Looks like you have invented the "perpetuum mobile".

Boncuk

here is a experiment video that show free energy is possible see-> **broken link removed**
;)

That is not free energy. The power is produced by batteries, which, as micr0man pointed out, will eventually run out of charge. There is no "free energy" in this system. Any excess power that is produced is wasted in the form of heat. You would be better off just connecting the LEDs directly to the batteries.

P.S. That link does not work

Sorry Electrogirl, but it is not perpetual. You can blink an led off a battery for a couple of years - that gets some people excited (especially if they are being confused by switching 2 batteries around) - but eventually it runs down.

By the way, the circuit you posted in (I believe) your first post is of what is referred to as a "joule thief". It is not free energy--it simply extends the life of the battery, while providing a slightly higher voltage. They are useful for lighting single LEDs, but nothing special. And it definitely won't last forever--the battery will still die eventually.

Der Strom

That is not free energy. The power is produced by batteries, which, as micr0man pointed out, will eventually run out of charge. There is no "free energy" in this system. Any excess power that is produced is wasted in the form of heat. You would be better off just connecting the LEDs directly to the batteries.

P.S. That link does not work
more info here about this circuit after register-**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:
more info here about this circuit after register-**broken link removed**
here is youtube video

Yeah, that is nothing but a large joule thief. The electrolytic capacitors have a fairly high capacitance, and thus are able to store a lot of the charge produced by the batteries. The capacitors are not making the electricity. They first had to be charged the by batteries (at the beginning of the video). It is not free energy. He says that the circuit "runs without any batteries". This isn't completely true, as he needs to connect the batteries every once in a while.

The joule thief was designed to get the most out of small batteries. In theory, you could take a "dead" battery, connect it to the joule thief, and get more power out of it. It simply boosts what voltage the battery (or capacitors) have left.

Also, 6:58 he says that it's not a perpetual device. You still need to charge the capacitors every now and then. They will drain eventually, and the circuit will stop working, until you charge them up again.

Der Strom

Last edited by a moderator:
Energy is never created or destroyed, it can only change states. In this case it seems that the circuit is just very good at recycling the energy that it doesn't use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back