Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on how to program blinking light bulb in PLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_wing_diaz

Hi,

Does anyone know how to program the below PLC ladder diagram to make the light blub blink? (eg. on & off for 1 secs) Thanks.

Attachments

• time.jpg
    time.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 6,720
You cant make the Bulb just blink by using relay
You have to use the timer of the PLC, then use the contact of timers to switch the Bulb load

instruite said:
You cant make the Bulb just blink by using relay
You have to use the timer of the PLC, then use the contact of timers to switch the Bulb load

Thanks....but how to draw it in the ladder diagram?

Are you not able to understand how the timer works???
Drawing ecample is there in the site itslef
https://www.plcs.net/chapters/time16.htm
check out the second figure they have shown an example
Where 0001 is an input contact (it can be any digital input or any contact of other relay which enrgizes the timer T000 (same as u energize the relay)
In second rung there is T000 contact becomes close after the delay of 100 units (can be seconds) from the time the timer was energized which in turns energizes output O500
Hence you get On delay time
See this animation
https://www.plcs.net/chapters/timeran.htm

note that plcs come with variety of system bits. some of them are clocks
that can be used just like you did in a original post. those clock bits have
fixed timing (like 0.1sec, 0.2sec, 0.5sec, 1 sec, etc.). to make custom clock you will need timers. now what is the duty cycle of the clock you want? 50%?

you could try somethign like this using single timer:

Code:
    Timer                     Timer
-----|/|-----------------------( )

Timer  Output           Output
-----| |----|/|-----+---------( )
                    |
   Timer  Output    |
-----|/|----| |-----+

Code above will work on any plc, attached examples are for AB and Mitsubishi. note that AB example generates 0.5Hz clock.
you can change this by entering different value in preset. you can change base as well. i rarely have need for 1 sec. base so i decided to use it in this example

Attachments

• clock_ab.gif
    clock_ab.gif
    61.2 KB · Views: 19,580
  • clock_mits.gif
    clock_mits.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 18,943
you could also do "twisted" chasing lights :-D

Attachments

• twisted.gif
    twisted.gif
    109.6 KB · Views: 10,702
Hi, i am also looking to turn on a light bulb once i activate an enable input the buld will light for 2 secs then go off for 2 secs then turn back on and repeat the cycle as long as the enable input is active. any ideas?

Hi, i am also looking to turn on a light bulb once i activate an enable input the buld will light for 2 secs then go off for 2 secs then turn back on and repeat the cycle as long as the enable input is active. any ideas?

It might be wise to start a fresh thread. This thread dealt with a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) using ladder logic in the drawings. Do you have the same? What voltage and current is your lamp? How you do what you want to do is a function of what you have.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back