Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on first circuit. include a LDR and a Battery Charger (9V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dentsu

hi, i have this schematic but i need it to work. the LDR only goes on when there is little to no light and its only function is to turn an IR LED on/off. if it is not connected to main source (12v) the 9v battery kick in like how a battery backup work. once it is connected back to the 12v the battery can begin charging again and the main load can power off of it. please refer to this diagram below as i think the final schematic will look something similar. hopefully i am using the gate right and is what i am looking for. i am really new at this but i know enough to follow a schematic. **broken link removed**

Attachments

• 12VCharger.jpg
    12VCharger.jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 172
it is gonna be connected to ground. is there anything else? and can anyone explain what is the difference in transistor? some of them just have many different code from say BC547BP and BC549BP. is that just manufacturer number and no technical difference?

here is a updated schematic and any comment and feedback would be appreciated. the function is still the same and i had help on another forum.

o open S3 with S1 closed and battery will run circuit
o open S1 with S3 closed and adapter will run circuit
o Both S1 and S3 closed will be automatic operation, Adapter keeps battery charged and load will be on When dark enough LED's will also be on.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back